Friday, May 11, 2007

My Interview with fellow blogger LMA

Here is an interview I had with Little Miss Attitude. This is part of an 'interview ring' If you want to be interviewed by me, just leave a comment and I will send you five questions of my choice. Lets get to know one another! Her questions are in regular text and my responses are in italics.

My friend LMA can be found at http://littlemissattitude.blogspot.com/

1) You see on CNN that a real-live UFO has landed...oh, say on the Mall in Washington, D.C....making it official that there is other intelligent life in the universe. What is your first reaction?

I'd probably be excited, scared, and happy. Then I could stick in my bible bashing baptist step dad's face. In a nice way of course. He's a good guy, just confused.....Well, I suppose I would get my camcorder, digital camera, and shotgun...just in case. I mean you never know if they are nice aliens or not. Or if they are turning everyone into zombie like slaves as an attempt to take over the world. Or if they are going to mine our world and eat us. On the other hand, they could be really cool dudes. With gifts of chocolate.

2) Where is your favorite place to read? Why there?

In bed or on the couch. Because I live in a really small house! Plus, in the winter I can't read outside, and in the summer I get too hot.

3) Think back to when you were in elementary school. What was your very favorite thing about school? What did you just hate about it?

I liked reading and I knew all the answers to everything. No, seriously. Then everyone beat me up about it. Jerks.

4) You've just won two million dollars in a lottery. But there's a catch (figures, doesn't it?). In order to keep half the money, tax-free, you have to give the other half away to one or more non-profit organizations. Where would you give that million? Would you give it all to one organization, or would you divide it up?

You know, I hate giving money to organisations. I would rather start my own. One that fills in the gaps for the average family who needs help every now and then.

But, since I have to give it too an organisation, I would go with battered persons--including wife on husband abuse--and hungry/homeless families. In the USA.


5) Okay...this one takes a bit of an introduction. When I was a little girl, my grandmother lived down the street from a woman who spent her days going down to the city dump, where she would fill the wagon she pulled with glass bottles (I think they were all glass, way back then) and other likely items that she liked to collect. She brought them home and built full-sized buildings out of the bottles and used some of the buildings to house the collections of other items she accumulated. Now, the Bottle Village that she built (or what's left of it after the 1994 Northridge earthquake) is world-famous and Mrs. Prisbey is considered to have been a classic folk artist, mentioned in the same breath as people like Simon Rodia, who built the Watts Towers.

With that introduction, my question is, what interesting or unique place and/or person (famous or obscure) did you grow up near?

Well I grew up in the Umpqua National Forest and surrounding areas. We have tons of cool things with a few hours drive, like Crater Lake, the Oregon Vortex, Mercury Mines, The Narrows (white water rafting), and so on....but little known story...there is this tree with huge gazankas. Yes. I mean HUGE boobs. It actually looks like the shape of a woman. every few years kids go and paint it up too look like a naked woman. It's eloquently named the Boob Tree. I haven't been out that way in years but I totally should go see if it is still standing and take pics.

2 comments:

Lovis said...

o, It is a funny game . I'm waiting for your questions,firend.

Arvel Amaya said...

*grins* Very interesting interview. I wouldn't mind joining in.